Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Amazingness

Tonight was the long-awaited "Young Women in Excellence" dinner.  My board and our YW did an amazing job of making this meeting a success.  I feel like my board took a vague idea I had and made it an incredible evening.

1)  I am grateful to be able to work with the women I do, both the youth and the adults.  They are really amazing people.
2)  I'm also grateful for the men that support us.  We had plenty of help getting things put away afterwards, but more than that, dads supported their daughters, husbands supported their wives and priesthood leaders supported the auxillary.
3)  I wish I could show that video that our secretary made.  It was a combination of slide show of activities the girls have done in YW and outside over the year and video of them talking about what excellence means to them, how they strive to be excellent, and what they think is excellent about the other YW.  They ended with, "I'm (their name), and I can change the world".  I wasn't the only leader crying through it.  It was just beautiful.

No comments:

My Rad Life!