Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Day!

It has been a satisfying day.

1)  Rowdy and I went to the boot camp that he usually attends.  It was a good way to get moving around and have fun before getting into the business of making dinner.  I am very grateful to have a strong, healthy body.
2)  After all Rowdy went through in 2010 and 2011, there was a real risk that he would be a "nutritional cripple", unable to absorb enough nutrients from food to sustain himself.  But here is is, eating two big helpings of Thanksgiving dinner, running circles around everyone at boot camp, and weighing more than me.  I'm grateful for all of the blessings he received to get him to this point.
3)  All of our dinner turned out delicious (except my gravy was lumpy, oh well).  I'm grateful to have tastebuds and olfactory nerves that work so I could enjoy the results of my labors.
4)  I'm grateful that my dad likes to reminisce.  He was telling me today about how he went on a month-long tour of the US when he was 13, because he was going to the national Boy Scout Jamboree at Valley Forge, NY, in 1950.  And then the next year, he went to someplace in Oklahoma with his softball team for the national championships, which they won.  I knew that he was on a national championship team, but I didn't know the timeline.
5)  I'm grateful that my big sister is starting to feel a little better.

No comments:

My Rad Life!