Saturday, January 29, 2011

Should I or Shouldn't I?

Team Challenge is adding a triathlon to their lineup this season.  It's a sprint tri, and it will be held here in San Diego in September. 

The run and the bike parts will be cinchy, but I will have to really work at the swim. That part will be in the bay, so no choppy waves.  I know I'll have to train at La Jolla Shores, though, and that is out in the open water.  That makes me so nervous.  Nervous and seasick.  I vomit when I'm snorkling.  I vomit when I surf.  I vomit when I sea kayak. 

On top of that, if I join the TC group, I will get really good training and support, but I will have to commit to raising $2,500 in addition to the $3,400 I have already agreed to raise for the Kona half-marathon.  I was able to raise $4,400 for Las Vegas, but I don't know if I can count on doing as well this year.  I worry about donor fatigue. 

I could have Amber, veteran of over 50 triathlons, train me and just do the tri.  The event in general is to raise money for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation. 

I'm just.not.sure.

No comments:

My Rad Life!