Thursday, January 6, 2011

Progress Report

I decided to go to the archives of past General Conferences for my reading today.  As I was getting ready to read, I was prompted to take notes about what I was reading in a notebook I keep of noted on different meetings. 


Here are two quotes from my readings:

"And when we are asked why we are such a happy people, our answer is: 'Because we have everything—life with all its opportunities, death without fear, eternal life with endless growth and development.'"  Spencer W. Kimball, April, 1974

"Day-to-day acts of service, whether for good or evil, may not seem important, but they are building cords of love that become so strong they can seldom be broken. Ours is to place our areas of love in proper perspective. Meaningful love always works for our eternal progress and not against it."  Marvin J. Ashton, April, 1981.

Other than that, I am regaining flexibility every day by stretching for 20 minutes.  My hip pain hasn't completely gone away, but it has diminished.  My face is soft and smooth, except for the creases in my forehead that just won't be ironed out. 

2 comments:

Amberly said...

Di, have you ever used essential oils for your pain? I know, not your traditional medical route, but they work, and smell good!

tenacious d said...

I haven't, but I don't mind the non-traditional route. This thing responds best to stretching, massage and heat/cold, so essential oils would fit into that plan. What do you suggest?

My Rad Life!