Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday Grateful

Our Fast and Testimony meeting today was remarkable for how many people bore testimony.  We had probably 15 people run up there, and not many of them were the people who say something every month.  A lot was said about missionary work.  Our full-time missionaries bore testimony and were really, really humble and sincere about it.  I was grateful for the Holy Ghost and the testimony of truth.

Rowdy was stopped by one of my visiting teachers as he left church today.  She asked what she could do to help us.  It's been important to me to be able to try to have us be self-sufficient, but Rowdy told her that the thing that stresses me out the most right now is feeding my family.  I can get it done some days, on some days we have takeout, and some days we just scramble.  She said that she would bring us a meal this week.  I'm grateful that she thought of us and wants to help us, and I'm grateful not to have to worry about food one day this week.

I'm grateful for repentance.

I'm grateful that Rowdy has developed more stamina as the weeks have gone on.  We saw Megamind at the movies yesterday, which was fun  And I love that he can at least come to Sacrament Meeting on Sundays.

My biking buddy, Amber, had a terrible migraine the night before our ride and has one again today.  I'm grateful for the miracle of her feeling well yesterday for the ride.

Saturday is the World Wide Training Meeting, which always is a great learning experience.  I was quite concerned that my running schedule was going to include a long run, plus I'm on call next weekend.  A quick check of the schedule shows that this is a "recovery" week, so just a six-miler on Saturday.  I'm grateful for that, and that the meeting starts at 8 am.  I can easily do the run here in my neighborhood before the meeting, and I can usually schedule any call-backs at the hospital for after 10 am.

2 comments:

Penny and Aaron Owens said...

I'm grateful you post these!:) It gives me a boost and also makes me realize how much I have to be grateful for.

The Silly Witch said...

I'm grateful someone's bringing in a meal for you. You have a very smart visiting teacher to talk to Rowdy to find out what you need. We women rarely ever feel like we can ask for help.

My Rad Life!