Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saturday in the Park

No, not really.  Saturday running at 6 am, going to the Worldwide Leadership Training Meeting, working (called in for a patient plus finally getting some of my back-dictations done) and grocery shopping.

I am grateful for running.  Really!  This is the best I've ever done when it comes to training for something.  It's very likely that I will be able to keep it up after the race because I don't feel discouraged about how my training is going.

I'm grateful for good counsel and a big spiritual uplift today from attending the meeting as well as listening to the Book of Mormon while I ran.  My iPod needed to be recharged, so I borrowed Rowdy's MP3 player.  He had it already set to the scriptures, and it happened to be right in the middle of Ammon's mission.  That Ammon!  What an awesome guy!

It really hit me today as I was walking through the hall at work how grateful I am that we were guided to buy the house we are in.  It has been a great blessing to be close to the hospital during all of Rowdy's hospitalizations.  If I had to drive in traffic 25 minutes or more every time I wanted to see him or when we needed to rush him into the ER in the middle of the night, I would be even more stressed out by those experiences.

No comments:

My Rad Life!