Saturday, November 6, 2010

Fifth and Sixth Days of Gratitude

I am so grateful today for my friend, Amber.  She talked me into doing a 50-mile bike ride, Bike the Coast.  Despite her massive migraine last night, we had a fun time driving up to Oceanside yesterday.  I'm grateful for friends.  I'm grateful for a healthy, strong body.  I'm grateful to live somewhere with beautiful weather all year round.  I'm grateful for my awesome bike.  I'm grateful for my husband's 100% support.

Fifty miles sounds like a lot, but it really didn't feel like a big deal.  We started at Oceanside Pier and rode south to Torrey Pines on the Pacific Coast Highway, over to Carmel Valley and then back up the PCH to O'side.  I'm grateful for perfect weather, no crashes, lots of fun, and an easy ride.






3 comments:

Amberly said...

check you out... you're totally ready for a century ride! and your jersey is so cute. sounds like a lovely day for a bike ride!

The Silly Witch said...

It looks sweet. I can't imagine a 50 mile ride being no big deal. It sounds like you trained well.

Tory said...

WOO HOO! I know you were excited for this, so I hope it was all you hoped it would be! Sounds like it was!

My Rad Life!