Thursday, November 4, 2010

Broiling Hot Gratitude

It hit 100 degrees here today.  I'm grateful for air conditioning and not to be digging myself out of a snow drift somewhere.  However, I was looking through the latest J. Crew catalog.  All of those cute layers and tights and things....  I guess I'm grateful that I can save money by not living somewhere where I can wear fall or winter clothes more than a couple of days a year.

I'm grateful for the ways that the internet can keep us close to and informed about people.  I've been watching a miracle unfold on Skyler's blog.  He's out of the ICU finally, alert, talking, smiling and peeing.  Crystal, Laurie, Neil and the rest of the Beckstrand bunch have been a great example of faith and steadfastness.  Am I grateful for their example?  You bet!  And I'm grateful to be related to such wonderful people.

Speaking of Skyler, if you live in the Salt Lake area, you should check out this benefit concert at the Blue Lemon on November 20th:

1 comment:

Jen said...

100 degrees?! You just made me even more grateful to be in beautiful, "Colorful Colorado"!

My Rad Life!