Monday, November 1, 2010

The Only Interventionalist In t' Village

Those of you who have seen Daffyd on Little Britain will understand the reference.  I would post a clip, but I fear that some of the language would offend.

I am grateful for my job.  There is really no reason to think that there will ever be a chance of becoming redundant when the referring physicians just love and rely upon us.  Thank goodness for that.  But I have to say that things get a little tricky when you're "the only (IR) in t' (hospital)".  Heck, thanks to one of my colleagues being on an around-the-world adventure and another deciding to show his six-year-old daughter the wonders of a New England fall/Hallowe'en, I am literally the only fellowship-trained, board-certified interventional radiologist for our nearly-500,000 subscribers. I am tired.

So that makes me very grateful for my support staff.  They work hard to make things happen.  The patients come to our department, they're treated efficiently and well, and we're on to the next one.  I can rely on them to have my back.  It's a great blessing, and I try to remember to thank them after every case and acknowledge their contributions in front of the patients.

No comments:

My Rad Life!