Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Arrggh! I'm struggling!

Three aborted blog posts...how to demonstrate real gratitude and not just say things like, "I'm grateful for oranges"?  Things this week are too chaotic, too stressful to give the topic of gratitude it's full and reverent due.

But I am grateful for whatever little blessings, the "tender mercies" if you will, that have helped me get through today--getting a good night's sleep, having time to eat, getting that little reminder in the back of my head at one point "these people are here to help you; let them". 

I happened to have a patient today that I did a biopsy on a year ago.  He has lung cancer and has been on chemo.  They needed a rebiopsy to do some more genetic testing.  That's how sophisticated chemo is these days.  For some cancers, certain genetic types respond better to different chemo regimens.  I'm grateful that I was able to help him and his biopsy went great.

2 comments:

Amberly said...

I'm grateful for your persistence in this endeavor and for your ability to notice the little lights amid your current chaos.

Rowdy said...

I'm grateful for the way you picked up the CCFA challenge from something I mentioned as a whim to you full out owning it!

I may tease you about being a 'busy bee' but you really can grab something and finish, and well!

You impress me everyday, in many ways you don't even know.

My Rad Life!