Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

1. Amy's three things she was grateful for included how well we all get along as a family. I totally agree. It's a blessing to be able to enjoy your family members, and I'm grateful for that. We've had a great time with Jamie and Amy and their kids. I'll miss them, and I'm glad that we'll get to see them at Christmastime.
2. My computer was totally acting up this morning. I'm grateful that it came back to life. Even though it's almost six years old, I'm not ready to get a new one.
3. I was a little inattentive when it came to the turkey today. Fortunately, it's better to be lucky than good, and it turned out wonderfully. I'm grateful that our dinner was a success.
4. The KitchenAid did its magic on the roll dough. I'm grateful that I could let go of my guilt feeling about buying it.
5. We're good friends with a family where the mom is an intern and had to work today, and the dad had sinus surgery two days ago. Their daughters had Thanksgiving dinner with us. I'm grateful that we had such abundance that we could share our dinner with the girls and send them home with lots of leftovers for their mom and dad. I'm also grateful that the we and the girls (aged 9 and 12) get along so well and have fun together.

2 comments:

Amberly said...

what a wonderful day you had! I wish I could try one of your rolls. your daily posts have been so fun for me to read. happy black friday!

Bricco Family said...

Being at your home was awesome. I love you guys a ton. Thanks.

My Rad Life!