Saturday, November 21, 2009

21st Century Gratitude

Here are five things that have been part of my life in the 21st Century that I'm particularly grateful for:

1) Rowdy. I will post more about him next week, but he is definitely the best thing to happen to me in the 21st century.
2) A subset of that blessing is having J, K and M in my life. I knew that Heavenly Father would come through somehow on my having an opportunity to be a mother.
3) Internship,residency and fellowship. Not every moment of those SIX YEARS was filled with joy, but I am so grateful to have had that chance. It opened many doors for me.
4) Ending up in New York for the first half of the first decade of the century. I was dubious at first, but it was the best place for me to be at the time. It was the embodiment of Nephi's statement, that Nettie reminded me of when I really needed it: I know that (God) loveth his children; nevertheless I do not know the meaning of all things.
5) And then, here I am in beautiful San Diego. If I hadn't come to California, I wouldn't have ended up with Rowdy. I have a job that I enjoy with people I like spending time with, our neighborhood is pleasant, our ward is truly a ward family to us, and we've been able to do some fun things here. And did I say that it is bee-you-tee-ful here?

1 comment:

The Silly Witch said...

Well I'm glad you ended up in New York, too. I always think of my short time there as an awakening. New York is a good town, and I would live there again if I could have enough money to live how I wanted to live!

My Rad Life!