Thursday, November 12, 2009

On the twelfth day of gratitude...

Two blogs filled me with joy today and made me grateful for:

1. The internet
2. The gospel and how it brings joy and peace to our lives
3. The way that "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass"
4. Marvelous missionaries who are serving with honor and dedication and being great examples



The blogs are:

Developmental Delays, written by my friend Linda's niece-in-law. Her first child had a severe genetic disorder and wasn't expected to live more than a few minutes, if at all. But she lived until she was almost four years old, and her life was pretty remarkable.

and

Sorella Mallory Hansen. This marvelous sister missionary is Amberly's cousin. What a fireball! She is serving in the Italy Rome Mission (lucky), and she is tearing it up! Her posts are entertaining and inspiring.

I highly recommend checking out those two sites. Go do it now. I'll wait.

As part of my calling, I am a Unit Commissioner for the Cub Scouts in my Stake. Yeah, I have no idea what that means or what I'm supposed to do. I went to the monthly meeting tonight, and I feel even more at a loss. But it was really neat that the meeting opened with the Pledge of Allegiance. I probably haven't said the Pledge since I visited a DAR meeting when I was in med school, hoping for a scholarship. My patriotic feelings from yesterday were enhanced by it, and once again I am:

5. Grateful for my country and the liberties we enjoy here.

No comments:

My Rad Life!