Saturday, November 7, 2009

Lucky Seventh

R got on a local mtb forum and put together an all-girl ride today. He did it just for me, because he felt that I would possibly enjoy riding if I went with some other women of my same riding ability.

Well, I ended up having a good time, though I wimped out on a couple downhills and just didn't have the gas to ride uphill all the way in a couple of places. We rode a total of about 11 miles and had the added benefit of a little repair seminar from a mechanic at North of the Border Bicycles. The shop kicked down some very cute t-shirts for us, too!

R and Jake were taking out all of our sod in preparation for installation of an artifical lawn on Monday. When I returned home from my ride, I pitched in and helped for a couple of hours. Needless to say, I am exhausted now, but it's that good kind of exhaustion.

So here's my five for today:

1. I'm grateful to have a husband who is concerned that I wasn't having fun and went to the trouble to put something together to get me excited about riding.
2. The Pink Bicycle of Death was kind to me today. I'm grateful that I didn't get hurt at all.
3. Kristin, Tara, Juliette, Misty, Allison and Rachel were so fun to ride with. I'm grateful to have met them and hope that we can ride together again soon.
4. We had a little session sharing experiences we've had riding with our SOs, which was definitely bonding for us. I'm grateful to know that there are others out there who feel the same frustrations and weaknesses as me.
5. I'm grateful for a strong body that can ride as long as I did today and then be able to help R and J (and PJ, who picked up some of our sod to plant in his yard) and still be able to move.

No comments:

My Rad Life!