Sunday, November 8, 2009

Eigth is Greath

1. Last Sunday, we arrived at home at 2 am and slept for probably six hours before we had to get up and get ready for church. We were still pretty exhausted, and my m-i-l had a flight to catch, so we left after Sacrament Meeting. It was very difficult for me to leave my ward family early. The warmth and the Spirit I feel when I'm with them is wonderful, comforting and uplifting. It's great to be able to discuss gospel principles and have my testimony strengthened, as well as to partake of the sacrament. So, I am very grateful for my wonderful ward family and the restored Gospel that we share.
2. I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve in the Stake Primary. I still don't feel quite up to speed, but these things take time.
3. My mom is an awesome cook. (I know I've said that before, but it's 100% true.) I'm grateful that she is willing to share her knowledge with me and that cooking and food binds us. She gave me her beef stew recipe today. Man, it was delicious--all comforting and tasty!
4. I'm grateful for my mom, dad and sisters just because they are wonderful people, and I love them.
5. Jaime posted some lovely pictures of Central Park in the fall. I'm grateful for her thoughtfulness and the beauty she shared.

1 comment:

DD said...

I'm glad the stew turned out well. It's one of my favorite Mom dishes!

If you get adventurous, have her give you the recipe for short ribs and polenta. Fabulous!

Oh, and you are loved in return.

My Rad Life!