Saturday, November 28, 2009

Rainy Day Grateful

We had the first significant rain in weeks and weeks and weeks today. I love rain, we needed it, and I am so grateful for it.

Today was the funeral for a very sweet sister in our ward. She was 88 years old. Her posterity half-filled the chapel, and friends and other family filled and overflowed the rest.

She was such a lovely person. One of our first weeks in the ward, she introduced herself and welcomed us into the ward. Her friendship was very genuine. A little over a year ago, she had a stroke. Her short-term memory was impaired, but her memory of hymns and gospel principles was solid. She could recite all 13 articles of faith, and she could bear her testimony with surety. Those things were a part of her, and it was obvious in how she lived her live and how she raised her family.

I am grateful for the Plan of Happiness, that Heavenly Father sent His son to earth, that Christ lived and died for us, and that through the Atonement, we can repent and return to our Father.

I'm grateful for the restoration of the Gospel, that the Priesthood was restored, that we can make covenants that bring us closer to God and give us the chance to be with our families forever.

I'm grateful for the good examples I see all around me of people who love the Lord and serve others.

No comments:

My Rad Life!