Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Tenth Day of Gratitude

1. I'm grateful that my work schedule has built into it a half-day off every week that is inviolate. It doesn't matter how busy we are, I will never be pressed into staying over. Rowdy and I had Brazilian fruit bowls for lunch, then I was able to just sit and talk to him and his jiujitsu friends, then I picked Keiler up from school, went on a big grocery shop, and then made a very satisfying dinner.
2. I have this talent for being called to a calling just as it reaches its busiest time, which is daunting, but I'm grateful for the pressure of having to jump into things and see what we can do as a presidency. Everything will seem easy after that.
3. Rowdy has had a few days lately when he hasn't felt well. Maybe Remicade isn't working as well for him as it used to, but it has been a blessing to have almost two years of him being Crohn's flare-free. I'm so grateful for that.
4. I'm grateful that K listened to us and went to his Biology teacher to make up some missed homework. I'm also grateful that she let him make it up.
5. My friend Melissa emailed me today. She has A LOT going on in her life all of the time. I'm so grateful for her friendship and the chance to touch base with her. She's one of my heroes for putting up with all of the crap that goes on in her life and still staying strong.

No comments:

My Rad Life!