Friday, November 1, 2013

Gratitude Month, Day One

So, today is the first of November, and time to blog daily about the things for which I am grateful.  Here's a somewhat novel one for my first entry:

Patience.

Last month's YW topic was "Becoming More Christlike".  Interestingly, one of the weekly lessons was titled, "How can I become more patient?"  Perhaps I hadn't realized the importance of patience as a Godly quality.  But after all, how in the world would God be able to deal with us and our whining and complaining without perfect patience?

I think that I can be pretty patient overall, but I have been trying to improve over the past week.  Of course, since I was trying to improve, I felt very tested.  The last two days at work were particularly trying.  What I found was that my day went much more smoothly, no matter what was happening, when I was working hard to exercise patience.  Who knew?

Please enjoy this terrific, short video with President Dieter F. Uchtdorf.  Would you be the kid who at the marshmallow right away, or would you wait?  I think that I was a pretty obedient child, and I don't really like marshmallows.  I'm pretty good at delayed gratification.





No comments:

My Rad Life!