Sunday, November 24, 2013

Weekend Gratitude

Rowdy and I went to the Boise State/SDSU football game last night with our friend, Andy.  Andy told us that one of our other friends has decided to leave the church.  That made me so sad.  But I am grateful for all of the people I know who are standing strong and immoveable.

I have been thinking of my young women and wondering what I could do to help them.  The answer to that came today when I felt prompted to read a particular lesson from the manual during Sacrament Meeting.  Our Laurel advisor's husband found me right after to let me know that his wife was sick and couldn't teach today.  So I was able to present the lesson I felt was needed, hopefully in a way that touched the right person or people.  I'm grateful for inspiration and answers to prayers.

I'm also grateful for my cute young women.  Here's a quote of the day, with regards to comparing ourselves with others, "That's just dumb, because everyone's different.  It's like comparing apples and (few seconds pause) BROCCOLI.  Both are good, but they're completely different.  So you can't compare them.  Just eat them.  They're both good for you."

No comments:

My Rad Life!