Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Eight is Great!


We were married the day after Thanksgiving in 2005.  Unfortunately, I don't remember the actual day, I just think, "the day after Thanksgiving".  Of course, that day changes every year.  So I forget that it's November 25th.  Rowdy says to remember it as being exactly one month from Christmas.

Despite my forgetfulness, I never forget the feelings of that day--seeing my sweet Rowdy tear up, having most of our immediate families close.  My dad walked me down the stairs of the house we were renting to the living room, and our bishop married us in front of the fireplace.  We went to Torrey Pines Lodge for our wedding night, then the next day, we came home and were parents.  

In the past eight years, we have traveled to 14 countries together:  Costa Rica, the UK, Morocco, Italy, France, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Norway, Chile, Malaysia, Vietnam, Mexico, and Israel.

We've also been to hell and back, enduring ten surgeries together, all of them performed on Rowdy over the course of two years.  That was our hardest time in many ways.  Neither of us likes to think about those times.  On the other hand, we've had so many wonderful times together, I can't even list them all.  I know when we look back with the perspective of eternity, we will just see the good times.

I love you, Rowdy Matt Bricco, and I am so grateful to have you in my life.

1 comment:

Rowdy said...

I love you too! In no way would my life have been any better the past 8 years without you.

Thank you for loving me.

My Rad Life!