Monday, November 18, 2013

The Eighteenth Day

I'm grateful for motivation.  The opportunity to actually perform on the electric bass has come my way, so now I am motivated to practice.  I think I can do it, and I know it will be fun.  Also, my SIL, Molly, has embarked on a new career as a personal trainer (which she will rock at).  She is starting a free, 30-day workout challenge that will begin December 1st.  I'm grateful to have something to keep me on track with my fitness goals.  It's so easy to be lazy with no immediate goals in sight.

There's something I'm grateful for today, but in a backhanded way.  I said something to someone today in a really Mean Girl kind of way, and I am so, so embarrassed and mad at myself for doing that.  I hate when who I know I should be and who I really am are so obviously mismatched.  As mortifying and humbling as it is, I am grateful to get slapped in the face, metaphorically speaking. I'm grateful every day that all of us can change and be better.

No comments:

My Rad Life!