Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sweetness...Sugarpants...Sweet, uh, belly

I did the weirdest therapeutic thing I have ever done tonight, and I have actually applied leeches to someone. 

One of our physician friends recommended packing R's wounds with sugar, plain table sugar.  It sounds crazy.  It is crazy.  But it works, according to this friend who has to deal with a lot of nasty wounds.  The sugar cuts off oxygen to the bacteria, isn't used as a food source, and causes a shift in fluid, drawing the pus out. 

Wouldn't it be funny if sugar healed the man who is a major sugar freak?

3 comments:

Molly said...

I think it's awesome! Hope it works. Did you lick your fingers after applying? haha

tenacious d said...

Oh barf, Molly!! That's just nasty.

The Silly Witch said...

Wow! I'm so amazed at physicians who recommend unconventional things like that. I love it.

My Rad Life!