Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Oh, For the Love of...

It's going to take a lot of work to get ready for even just a measly sprint triathlon.  Well, the running and cycling parts are easy.  It's the swimming part that I stink at.  My grade-school years were spent in swim classes.  I was even the 8-and-under backstroke champion of Eugene, Oregon, for Pete's sake!  You'd think I'd be better at swimming.  For some reason, though, I'm kind of a flailer.  Oh well.  I'm not saying that I can't get better.  I'm just saying that it's going to take a lot of work.  My inaugural workout tonight consisted of me swimming 25 meters, resting, swimming again, resting.  I didn't count laps, but I made sure that I stayed in the pool for 30 minutes.

One of my challenges for the week is to run with a friend.  A group of women in my ward run on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings, but they meet at 8 am, which is about the time I go to work.  I was a little worried I wasn't going to be able to get something worked out, but I have hit on a very fun solution.  While I'm in Utah this weekend, I'll be able to run with my sister-in-law, Tory, and also with my cousin, Trisch.  I am very excited about this.  I'd have to say that, after my big sister, Trisch was the second friend I ever had.  She's a couple of years younger than me, and her mama used to babysit Dayna and me while my mom worked.  Trisch was just a baby and I was a toddler, but I'm sure we were friends.

2 comments:

Amberlin Gefrom said...

okay your funny that you posted this because I am having to run a lot to get ready for my tough mudder event. I have been running Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursday and Saturdays. On Mondays I would be willing to be really flexible to run at any time of the morning/day if you want to run with someone. Also I was wondering well telling you. Allied Gardens pool is open till 6:30 pm so on this Wednesday (the 23rd) I am going to go there after work I will get there at 6 and swim till 6:30, if you watned to join me let me know, K thanks yay~

tenacious d said...

Yay! I don't think I have anything scheduled on Wednesday night. It would be MARVELOUS to swim with you.

My Rad Life!