Thursday, February 24, 2011

Overwhelmed

That's the way I've felt this week, being on call and Rowdy being hospitalized and all of the uncertainty that went with that, being tired still from last weekend and feeling stressed about the prospect of doing another run with all of the fundraising and things.

So, I have made the decision not to be a part of Team Challenge this season.  Maybe I'll feel more under-control in May and join the Tri team, and I will definitely donate to my friends' fundraising sites.

Rowdy's doctors swung from thinking that for sure he has a fistula and a Crohn's flare and needed to be on TPN for three months with absolutely nothing by mouth to being sure that he doesn't have a fistula, can eat whatever he wants and is having a Crohn's flare.  The flare is probably due to the stress of having a wound infection.  He went to the OR last night and had things cleaned out.  He did really, really well, and is pretty much feeling just fine now. He gets to come home tomorrow.

2 comments:

Molly said...

That is so good! So happy that it was actually better than we thought rather than worse for a change!

Deenwie said...

Yay, Nan! I'm glad Rowdy is much better off than was first indicated. I'm also proud of you for choosing to rearrange some priorities so you don't feel so stressed. Sometimes you have to say "no" or "not now" in order to take care of yourself.

My Rad Life!