Friday, February 11, 2011

Easily Distracted

I have been looking forward to selecting the new challenges for next week.  Oh, I've accomplished a couple of this week's challenges, but I am easily distracted by the vagaries of life. 

The most novel experience of the day today was when I got to hold Rowdy's hand while the PA opened his abdominal wounds up to look for the source of his never-ending infection.  I have to admit to a little bit of wooziness on my part.  It's just...here's my sweetheart getting cut open.  Ugh!  Being a radiologist, my tendency is to image first, see what's going on, then cut (or needle and tube).  But surgeons are a different breed, and in their estimation, nothing can't be cured by the application of cold, hard steel.

Rowdy will have a CT on Sunday, in which we will all be able to see what is going on.  Based on that, he may get a drainage catheter (which one of my colleagues will put in), or more surgery.  This is just a typical Valentine's Day for us.  I can think of one Valentine's day in five years where we actually were able to do something together.  We went to Supercross, and it was lots of fun. 

1 comment:

cindy said...

You guys!! Poor Rowdy and you, too. What happens to him happens to you. This has got to be so tough. My prayers continue to be with you!! Love you.

My Rad Life!