Sunday, September 21, 2008

Shake Shack Attack and NYC Trip Wrap-Up


You know how sometimes, you hear about a restaurant that everyone lines up to eat at, but once you actually get the chance to eat there, the food is less-than-stellar? Well, Shake Shack is not one of those places. It was absolutely fantastic!! It tasted just like my mom's homemade hamburgers. Karen shared her cheese fries with me. They were fine, but I would choose to have them plain if I ever have the great good fortune to eat there again.

I walked from Madison Square Park to Grand Central in beautiful, early-fall weather to catch a ride on the New Haven Line to see the SWELL gang. It was so fun to just hang out with Liz, talk to her about whatever, play around with the kids a little and enjoy the afternoon. Check out this picture of the result of the youngest's encounter with Mr. Softee:



I made my plane home on Saturday morning with very little time to spare. I loved my visit with family and friends, but it was so wonderful to come home to my sweetheart. I missed him!

5 comments:

Steph said...

awww, how fun!

nyclizzie said...

Too short, way too short! Glad we got to get together, though!

Rowdy said...

if had known there was gonna be burgers and fries i would have stayed another two days!!

Penny and Aaron Owens said...

Aw I'm glad she enjoyed the lesson. The funny thing about that is I was wanted to go up to Rowdy at the Meet and Greet and tell him how awesome she is, but she was standing next to him and I didn't want to embarrass her. She had such wonderful comments and just seemed so mature and on top of things. I really enjoyed her in class:)

Janette Rallison said...

Love the ice cream face!

My Rad Life!