Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Culinary Successes and Failure

Gray's Papaya Hot Dog


Here's your slice, Julie! Onions, mushrooms, olives and sausage. Yummy!!



Rowdy did not really enjoy the Tour de Upper West and East Sides. Hmmm...guess I really didn't think that through very well. I just wanted to show him where I lived and worked, but for him it was just walking by buildings. I was so excited to find that there was a Magnolia Bakery on Columbus, so I ran in for a cupcake. After all, it should taste like a Buttercup Bake Shop cupcake, right? Well, no. The frosting tasted like whipped shortening, and the red velvet cupcake tasted like sawdust. Rats!




The evening turned out better. Dinner was great, and then we ate ice cream at Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory. We all said that we weren't going to have any, but then I caved, then Kiki, then Rowdy.

We did have a celebrity sighting today--Mary Louise Parker was sitting a table over from us at Grimaldi's.

6 comments:

Jaime said...

What? You're in town? Until when?

tenacious d said...

Jaime, I just sent an email to your hotmail account.

Julie said...

Oh, I can almost taste it. Thanks!

Molly said...

Sounds like a great way to spend your birthday. Sorry I didn't call, but I hope that you had a great one! The statue of Liberty is sooo cool! hope to see it someday. Next coolest thing about Newyork, all the good food. Thanks for the visuals!

tenacious d said...

Molls, we need to go on a girls' trip to the Big Apple sometime.

Tory said...

I hate mushrooms, onions and olives, yet that pizza picture made me suprisingly hungry.

My Rad Life!