Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Big Apple Adventures




My sister, Kiki, had some surgery last week, so Rowdy and I are staying with her in Brooklyn for a few days. I'm not sure how much we're really helping her out, other than entertaining her. She's doing quite well, actually.

Rowdy has never really pined to see New York. He only really was interested in seeing the Statue of Liberty and Ground Zero. That was easily accomplished yesterday. Then I made him walk over the Brooklyn Bridge back to Kiki's house. We are going to Grimaldi's for pizza tonight, Julie. We can't wait!

Today, I'm dragging Rowd uptown to see my old stomping grounds. It's going to be weird, knowing that so many of my friends from back in the day have moved away. I am also hoping for a celebrity sighting or two. I have to admit that I have missed them.

3 comments:

Amberly said...

a teensy bit of jealousy reigns in me. take a deep breath of that east coast city air for me.

Julie said...

I hope recovery continues to go well! My mouth is watering for Grimaldi's. Eat an extra slice for me!

Rowdy said...

ehh, I knew I should have taken a left turn at Albuquerque...

My Rad Life!