Saturday, September 11, 2010

Wonderful Weekend So Far

What with his surgery coming up on Monday and my birthday on Tuesday, R arranged for us to stay out at Coronado last night.  We have a wonderful friend who just happens to work for a major hostelry corporation who was able to get us an amazing deal at a resort out there.  Thanks, Amber!!!

We checked in, had some "quality time", then went to dinner at Starlite.  I had watermelon drizzled with balsamic vinegar, a virgin blueberry swizzle (like a blueberry mojito and so good!) and jidori chicken. R had the burger, which looked like the most perfect burger ever made.  Then it was back to the resort for hot tubbing, more "quality time" and sleep. 

This morning, I went for a run around Coronado.  It took me exactly an hour to complete the circuit, which was fun.  Then more hot tubbing, more "quality time" (hey, there just won't be much of that for the next few weeks), then we went back into the city for breakfast, a blood draw for R and the traditional purchase of the "old man" slippers pre-hospital stay.  He has this thing for those corduroy slippers from the drugstore when he is recovering.  Our latest batch of smoked salmon was ready when we returned home.  I think it's the best yet.  I can't wait for my mom to turn it into salmon fettuccine.

Anyway, now I am pleasantly tired and happy.  Lots of good things to look back on during the week to come.  Today is the fifth anniversary of our engagement, which, to be honest, I'd prefer to concentrate on rather than the ninth anniversary of the terrorist attack.  Hope you don't think less of me for doing so.

9 comments:

Jen said...

"quality time" huh? so that's what the kids are calling it these days.

glad you guys had fun. may everything go well in surgery. keep us updated.

tenacious d said...

wink wink!

The Silly Witch said...

Huh. The terrorist attack didn't even cross my mind until you mentioned it. I hope you don't think less of me, too.

tenacious d said...

Not at all, Maren.

Amberly said...

I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend away before the week you're embarking on. good luck to the rowdster this week!

Jeremy and Jennifer said...

Good luck this week!! We will be thinking about you guys and praying for you:)

Rowdy said...

at least she said "quality time" rather than "these few precious seconds" hahahaha

Darrell said...

Glad you had a great time together. Prayers being sent your way...

Deenwie said...

Bow chick-a bow-wow - did you sit in separate tubs and look out at the ocean like they do in the commercials?

My Rad Life!