Monday, September 13, 2010

Mission Accomplished

This morning seemed to last three days.  I went for a run and then a bike ride to pass the time.  Rowdy did calisthenics.  He checked in to Pre-Op at 11 am, but didn't get into the OR until closer to 2 pm.  His surgeon called me promptly at 3:30 to say that he was done, and everything went great.

He did the procedure laparoscopically, so no big incisions.  All he needed to remove was the 8 or 9 cm of diseased small bowel.  The rest of his GI tract looked great.  Rowd is projected to stay in the hospital for just three or four days.  When his bowel wakes up, he can come home.

I was able to put on my doctor disguise and go back to Post-Op to see him.  He was dozy and nauseous, with some pain.  That is to be expected, but he didn't believe me when I told him he was going to feel better in the morning.  He's still in the PACU, waiting for a room. 

Pre-Op
About 10 minutes after arriving in the PACU.
About an hour post-op

6 comments:

Tory said...

He is looking really good! So happy that they were able to do it that way! I heard they are already letting him have jello...crazy!

The Silly Witch said...

I am so glad everything went well. And thanks for teaching me a new word today. I think I'm ready to laparoscopically roll off my tongue with ease.

Molly said...

That is a hot post-op picture!

Molly said...

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANE! Hope you have a great day! You'll probably be spending it in the hospital!

tenacious d said...

That last picture is "I'm trying to open my eyes by just lifting my eyebrows".

Rowdy said...

rawr!!

My Rad Life!