Wednesday, September 29, 2010

They Came. They Saw. They Nurtured.

My parents and mother-in-law were so wonderful in coming out here to help us out in our weeks of need.  Even at my age, I'm not too old to have my mom pat my back and let me cry on her shoulder.  And my dad is full of good advice and worldly-wisdom.  Just two of his thoughts:

1)  "You choose your own attitude."
2)  "All of the (crap) I've ever stepped in in life has been in a path I chose for myself.  I didn't have anyone else to blame for it."

Me, Dad and Hansel--I think you can tell from whom I got my features.


Mom made several delicious meals.  Here are two:



Spaghetti All'amatriciana

Milanese chicken, potatoes and some kind of Brazilian cheese biscuit that my mom said didn't turn out right, but tasted delicious anyway.
I haven't even mentioned her cinnamon rolls.  There are four in the freezer.  They will be defrosted and consumed before the MoTab even finishes the opening song at the Saturday Morning General Conference Session.
When things went south for R, we called on Lezlie, because when the chips are down, everyone needs their mama.  She was the one who pulled R out of his shell, and I am sure that he recovered a lot faster because of her.  She also kept K and I going.

4 comments:

Deenwie said...

Yep, those are Dad sentiments for sure. And the food is our sweet mother's way of showing us how much she loves us. I'm glad they were there for you, and that Rowdy's mom could be there for him. We are blessed to have the parents we have.

cindy said...

*sigh*
I love seeing your daddy..(I hope you hugged him extra tight.) and I loved your mamma's meals. She makes them with such love. Someday I hope I get to partake of one of her meals again. Is Rowdy home??? You are in my daily prayers. I love you.

Kari Song said...

aren't parents the best? looks like you have some great ones! glad they could come and be of support. love your dad's words of wisdom!

Laurie said...

What would we do without our parents!!! I'm so glad you have such a great family support system. I'm always surprised to hear how some don't have that. Thinking of you both!!!

My Rad Life!