Sunday, May 2, 2010

Miracles

It's amazing to me how many miracles I saw at church today.   Looking around, I saw a family there that I never thought would come to Sacrament Meeting--and they brought a friend.  A couple who I know has been estranged was also there with their children, and I saw the husband put his arm around his wife and give her a quick hug as they smiled lovingly at each other.  A young, divorced father who has made a real effort to come back to activity was there with his sweet little girl (who I know from my days in Primary) and a girlfriend that looked pretty serious and seems like a good match for him (and his little girl).  Friends who have long struggled with infertility now are looking at the distinct possibility of expanding their family*.  Our chapel, which has at times seemed sparsely-populated, was filled to the brim, to the point that I think we need to open the dividers up into the cultural hall and put at least three rows of chairs back there to fit everyone in.  There was probably much, much more going on, but those were just some things that I was able to see.

Yesterday, R and I went to San Diego Blenders for Brazilian fruit bowls.  It's a place frequented by a lot of R's jiu jitsu buds, so it was not surprising to find K and J, a married couple from the BJJ academy, there too.  We sat and talked with them for three hours, and the conversation was mainly about the gospel.  They are Seventh-Day Adventists, and we talked about our religions' similarities and differences.  It was just...really cool.  I can't say that I have had many missionary experiences like that in my life, but both R and I have been praying to have more opportunities to share the gospel.  You just never know!

In more secular adventures, we had grilled hamburgers (ground beef mixed with onion soup mix) and oven fries for dinner.  Before that, we went for a 45-minute bike ride.  I took out my road bike, nicknamed "The White Bicycle of Anxiety", as a companion to "The Pink Bicycle of Death".  I stayed on the bike the whole time, and I just have a little chain ring scratch on my left shin (how it came to be on my left shin, rather than my right, I do not know).

*Well, since Andy has posted it on FB, I guess that I can come out and say that my friends the Kleiners are pregnant with their first and long-awaited child.

4 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

This week in our ward, a lady, talked about the sealing of her parents over this weekend. Her mother joined the church last year. Miracles happen where hope and faith reside. Sounds like you've got a good house, there.

Ashley said...

I think its so awesome to be able to see the little miracles around you. It just makes the day so great doesn't it! I love to read your posts, they are always so real and uplifting and just great! I know its not much but I just wanted you to know I love to read them!

Julie said...

Sounds very cool. I think I should look around more. I bet there are things like that in my ward too. Too bad I'm always focused on keeping my kids quiet and hardly look around at all.

Laurie said...

also love to hear about people who have struggled with infertility and still found a path to parenthood. Music to my ears... :)

My Rad Life!