Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day Eve

Unlike my friends with small children, I don't need much help or excuse to have a day where I can do pretty much whatever I want.

So, my day consisted of working out for three and a half hours in the morning, spending an hour or two at our neighborhood street fair (a yearly event, complete with midway rides, fair food and at least three different musical acts going at the same time all day), taking a two-hour nap and going to the movies with the man who made it possible for me to be a mom.

We saw Exit Through the Gift Shop.   You might say that it's a documentary about a documentary that was never made, good street art, derivative art, obsession, self-promotion and what is art anyway.  I highly recommend it. (It is rated R, for those who are interested in ratings, for language only.  I heard the F-word twice as much in the car on the way home than I did in the movie.)

No comments:

My Rad Life!