Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Eight is Great

My dad said once that it was interesting to him to see how much a woman's demeanor changed after going to the hairdresser.  We are always so happy after a trip to the salon.

Because of scheduling conflicts, I was a month overdue for my hair appointment.  That didn't used to be a big deal when I wasn't worried about grey coverage.  Finally, I had a date and a time, and I had the perfect work schedule...darn.  Of course this morning didn't flow was well as I had hoped, but I did finally get to Morgan's on time.  She did a great job on my hair, as usual, and it was nice to catch up with her. 

So, point being, I am grateful for good hair and a hairdresser who is talented at maintaining it.


For the last few weeks, I have been getting the prompting that I really needed to visit a friend of mine.  She has a four-year-old, a two-year-old and a four-month-old, and it just takes her awhile to adjust each time a new person is added to her family.  She needs to think through things and she can process just so much at a time, so I haven't seen her around in the last four months while she was getting things together.  She and I have different viewpoints about things, but she always gets me to think about things in a new way, and I really like that.  I think we both feel refreshed whenever we are together.

I am really for the very mixed bag of people who are my friends.  I learn so much from all of them.  I am also grateful for prompting that I had to go see this particular friend and her little daughters, and that we could work out a time to be together.

No comments:

My Rad Life!