Friday, April 29, 2011

It Was Worth the Lack of Sleep!

Aw dang.  I set my alarm incorrectly and missed the vows, but I did see most of the ceremony.  While I was napping, I had a dream that Kate decided to really throw tradition out the window and walked down the aisle wearing white silk pyjamas.  Imagine my relief when I awakened and turned the broadcast on.  Princess Catherine's dress is lovely--very evocative of Grace Kelly's.  Will this finally turn the tide against the very boring strapless dress trend that has been going on for too long? 

I love pomp and circumstance.  This wedding seemed like the perfect royal wedding.  Who wouldn't love a fanfare or wild bells ringing out at their wedding?  Most likely there will be recaps of the parts I missed.  I hope that William and Catherine will follow the counsel given them over the pulpit and keep their wedding vows, being faithful to and supporting each other and doing good in the world.

This week has been a total mess as far as my sleeping has gone.  I worked overnight on Monday, got up at 3:30 am today and am working overnight tomorrow night.  It will be a week before I really pull myself back together.

No comments:

My Rad Life!