Sunday, May 1, 2011

Accounting

I am almost half-way through a year of weekly challenges.  I cannot report that I have faithfully fulfilled every challenge.  Upon reflection, however, perfect completion of each task does not determine whether I grow and learn from each exercise.

For instance, did I record Weight Watcher's points every day last week?  No.  After two days, I was very cranky and discouraged.  So I stopped writing down points and just paid careful attention to what I was eating and why.

This week has some great challenges:  running stairs at Mt. Helix, which is easy to get R to go do with me; reading something from the Church handbook every day (very interesting and educational); and sending someone a surprise present. 

The surprise present has been one of the funnest challenges.  I love to think about to whom I should send it and what I should send.  It's also fun to get the response back from the recipient and know that it has given someone joy.  Occasionally over the last few months, I have had the inspiration to send something special to different people just because, and that has been really neat.

2 comments:

Craig said...

I was so happy to be the recipient of one of your gifts! I literally spent hours reading that book and can't wait to use one of the training programs in it! I love the principles behind the book.

tenacious d said...

Yay, Molly!!! That's what I was going for.

My Rad Life!