Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring Break

The cherry trees are blossoming in Vancouver.


Since K wasn't able to go to Japan over Spring Break, we did the next best thing and sent him to Utah.  R and I were looking forward to making the most of our time together, but unfortunately, we didn't have too much of that during the week.

While I was on vacation, things were extremely busy at work, and things didn't slow down very much this week.  I am the call person this week, so I have to be the "clean-up" person during the week and come in on the weekend for cases.  With the exception of Tuesday (when I leave at 1230), I stayed late every night until at least 730 pm.  Today hasn't been that bad, call-wise (thankfully).

On Tuesday evening, we ended up helping out a friend who is going through a major, gut-wrenching, rip-your-heart-out-and-show-it-to-you trauma.  It is awful to see her have to deal with this experience.  Talking about it later in the evening, Rowdy and I both said how we wouldn't change our basket of problems for anyone else's.  R and I have already gone through similar experiences in our lives and it was really...awful, painful, horrific, lonely but ultimately refining.  I know our friend will make it through this, but it will not be pretty or fun.

That whole situation reminds me again (as if I needed reminding) of the amazing power of the Atonement, and how healing and comforting it is to know that Jesus Christ knows exactly how we feel, because he has already felt it, and he knows exactly how to help us through our trials.  It would be so horrible if we didn't have that.  I know that after the darkness of winter comes the beautiful spring.


1 comment:

Owens Family said...

Diane,
I know who you are referring to and I'm with ya, I count my blessings even more now instead of "wishing" for different or better things. I know that she is lucky to have you guys there as support and a shoulder to cry on. Give her a hug for me!
...And ENJOY that weather, it has been snowing non-stop here in freezing cold UT.

My Rad Life!