Monday, August 3, 2009

Clothes Lines

I am avoiding writing the post that I will someday call "Family Fun--Not So Much". So here's something about clothes:

Our ward had a swap meet last Saturday. We were all encouraged to clean out our homes and bring our gently-used clothing, housewares, books, toys, etc., to the church. The needy families in the ward were given a "private shopping" session, then things were opened to the rest of the ward the next day.

I cleaned out my closet but-good, and now I'm in the mood to reassess and re-stock. However, I don't want to break the bank. Stacy and Clinton haven't shown up at my house with a $5,000 Mastercard with my name on it, after all.

My blog perusals have led me to uberchicforcheap, clothedmuch, Sensibly Styled, Cardigan Empire. All of those discoveries have sprung from "Dear C. Jane...".And then there's my friend Jaime's blog. She is always dressed so darlingly and has a great eye for fashion. She's going public for a short time, so if you're not already on her "A-List", check her out ASAP.

Sensibly Styled featured a sweater from J. Crew that was on sale, so I picked one up for myself. The papaya color is a departure for me, but I think I can do it.



A new dress from Boden arrived today also. It's not like I really need a new dress, but it was so cute.... Everything I've ever purchased from Boden has looked in person exactly as I had imagined it. If you photoshopped my head onto her body and added a little bulk to the arms, you would know how this dress looks on me. Love it!!

3 comments:

Molly said...

Super cute! I love reassessing and restocking. Its one of my favorite things to do!

Ashley said...

jealous, and now I want to shop

The Silly Witch said...

Cute! I'm getting ready to try to find and buy my first pair of red heels. This is a major stretch for me, but I'm tired of being frumpy and boring.

My Rad Life!