Monday, August 24, 2009

It's A Boy!!

Announcing...in our home...

KRB
69" and 140 lbs

No midnight feedings--he can take care of himself. He's potty trained already. There will be early morning wakeups for Seminary, helping and encouraging with homework and driving practice, debate tournaments, jiujitsu training and competitions, fencing practice (perhaps).

It's my first time as a full-time mom, and I couldn't ask for a better boy.

Here are pictures of his room. They're all "after" pictures. The "before" was your basic thrown-together furniture, including a dresser I've had since I was 7 and a bed I've had for at least 15 years. The bed and the dresser found a good home with one of Rowdy's co-workers, who had been sleeping on a tile floor for the past few months and keeping his clothes in cardboard boxes.





There is a dresser, as well as pictures of two of his siblings. If I had had pictures of D and L, I would have added them. There's a calendar/white board for communication and planning and "Welcome Home" banners. I added two SAT study guides to the bookshelf. No pressure...they're just there for light reading, a little study break....

8 comments:

Julie said...

Good luck! I hope it's a great experience for everyone. I'm jealous of the no nighttime feedings and the potty-trained part. You know how to parent! (Although, I suspect teenagers come with other challenges. Now I'll have another experienced reference to check in with when we get to that point.)

Lezlie said...

This post brought tears to my eyes...but happy ones! Love to all.

nyclizzie said...

Congrats, Di!

The Silly Witch said...

Wow. You definitely know how to take the plunge. I wish my room would have been as nicely situated for my teenage years.

tenacious d said...

We're definitely of the mindset and in a position to optimize things as much as possible for our kids.

Rowdy said...

I married the right woman.

Steph said...

What a lucky fella!
To have had not one, but TWO loving homes! And srsly...the most relaxing looking "sanctuary" for a bedroom. You make a great mom, Diane!

Are you having fun???

nyclizzie said...

Updates please. Is he sleeping through the night? A good eater? ;-)

My Rad Life!