Friday, August 21, 2009

Would you rather...

work to the sound of a 2-year-old screaming bloody murder while she gets a voiding cystourethrogram* or have the maintenance people drilling in the ceiling above you?

Hmmm...I don't even have to choose today! I get both!

*A tube is put into the bladder through the urethra, then the bladder is filled up with a dye that we can visualize with x-rays. You can see why the kids hate it. It's not just the tube, it's the being immobilized that also sends them into a major tizzy.

5 comments:

Amberly said...

ha! I don't even know what that big word means, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't pleasant. and yes, it would be lovely to trade places with natalie for a day and hang out with j. stamos... dreamy!

SD Fiddlers said...

Since my daughter has gone through that 3 times already (and I still have vivid memories of a similar procedure at a similar age), I would choose the latter, even if the ceiling falls in! Uck!!

tenacious d said...

Oh, Lynn! I'm so sorry for you both. One of the worst things about hearing the kids is them screaming things like, "Help me, Mama!"

rowdstar said...

i would wear earplugs a work. or ear muffs like for shooting....

so i guess i choose, both! =)

Steph said...

Amen to that! I think both are hard in dif ways. But the child screaming would make me cry. You're tough. ick.

My Rad Life!