Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Gettin' Crabby

My sister, Karen, used to live in San Francisco. She had many favorite restaurants, but one that has since become one of Rowdy's and my favorites it Thanh Long. They make the most astoundingly delicious roasted crab you will ever eat. So, tonight was Thanh Long night, with roasted crab, the obligatory and delicious garlic noodles and crab puff appetizer. I didn't bring my camera to take any pictures, because I know that it would be too painful for Karen to see. Also, no one wants to see us covered in garlic butter and pepper.

Earlier in the day, Rowdy and I met up with Steph H. in Davis at a little locovorian restaurant, The Farmer's Kitchen. Very delicious, very fresh. Who knew that gluten-free brownies could be so delicious? It was so worth it to visit with Stephanie, even if it only was for a short period of time.

There will be lots of exercise tomorrow to make up for this day.

We also went to the Oakland Temple, mainly because we needed to go to the distribution center and Rowdy couldn't remember how to get there. They are presenting an exhibit of sculptures of Christ at the visitors' center. They were quite moving. One in particular really touched me. It was Christ walking on the water to his disciples. The caption had a blurb about faith and fear being opposed. I have something coming up in a couple of weeks that I've been fearful of, but looking at the expression on Christ's face and the strength in his hands reminded me that I can get through it with His help. I really don't have anything to fear.

5 comments:

Lezlie said...

Wish I was there. You can do anything with the Savior's help(:

Amberly said...

I love that last reminder, what a precious truth to hold onto. and I really want some crab...

Rowdy said...

I think it was the very first time i won the eating race....

karen said...

Thank you for not posting a picture of the roasted crab and garlic noodles. I might get electrocuted if I tried to lick my laptop screen.

Darrell said...

A great post with a great dichotomy of thoughts!

My Rad Life!