Thursday, December 3, 2009

Shameless Promotion Division Here At Rad Life Plaza

My very lovely and talented younger sister, Karen, has written a beautiful Christmas song and recorded it with her group, Bobtown. Check it out here. Feel free to buy their album when it comes out. Buy several, so you can keep one and give the rest as gifts.

Ben McAdams, who many of you know, has announced his candidacy for the Utah State Senate seat vacated by Scott McCoy. He is intelligent, compassionate, dedicated, fair-minded and capable. District 2 will be very fortunate to have him as their senator. Senator McCoy's replacement will be decided by delegates, but when you have the opportunity to vote for Ben McAdams for public office (and I hope that we all will have that opportunity some day), he will be worthy of your support.

And finally, another of my New York friends, Evan Smith, has returned to the live music scene (apart from playing the organ in church). His band, OnSeven, performed tonight. I checked out their MySpace page and was really impressed.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Great post, Diane! :-)

Thanks for the kind words and plug for Ben, now and in the future. I agree with everything you said.

And, kudos to your sister and Evan!

The Senate Site said...

There could eventually be several great candidates for the SD2 position, but your analysis of Ben McAdams ("intelligent, compassionate, dedicated, fair-minded and capable") is spot on.

Sharon said...

I loved Karen's song. She has a beautiful voice! This piece of music reminds me of Emmylou Harris and also Nancy Griffith, whom you don't get to hear enough of anymore, in my opinion.

My Rad Life!