Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Here In Utah...

We took our time driving up to Salt Lake, staying overnight in St. George. T, my FIL, works for a resort-management company, and he reserved a lovely condo for us just outside of town.

It was rainy, then snowy on the drive up to Salt Lake. Hooray for our truck! We were able to negotiate the different conditions without any trouble.

Tuesday night, we just hung around at T and L's house, playing with Beelzebrock (our new name for the littlest McLaughlin) and B-rad.

J and M came up from Lehi. M and some friends celebrated their last day of school before the break by wearing women's thongs over their pants. They made it through their first two classes before they had to take them off. I think that was pretty hilarious.

R and I took his sister, Tory, up to Brighton to snowboard. It was my best boarding day ever. I only fell off the lift once, and I even taught T and another random lady I rode up the lift with how to get off without falling. R got me to go up the Majestic lift with him. I had to stop several times on the way down the run because my quads were so tired. I need to stand up more and not keep my knees so bent, apparently.

And then last night, we watched the Poinsettia Bowl. Not that I'm that much of a Utes fan, but it was still good to see a Mountain West team clobber their opponent.

Today is opening presents with the kids in the morning, Jamie and Amy and their family arrive later today, and Molly and Craig and their kids should roll up about midnight. I'm going to try to stay away from all of the treats at T and L's house. Yesterday, I was not at all successful in doing that.

Merry Christmas to all! Hope your holidays are wonderful and filled with love.

No comments:

My Rad Life!