Sunday, December 13, 2009

I have been busy...

as I'm sure you all have. Here's a rundown of what I've been up to:

12/2--Attending the world premiere of "Think Global, Race Local". We were told to dress up, so we did. I wore an LBD from Target (about $20), a fabulous faux fir jacket from Forever 21 ($37.50) and jazzed it up with a fancy ring from FXXI ($5.90). Handsome date--priceless!

12/3--RS Christmas party
12/5--California Grappling Championships
12/6--church, tithing settlement, hanging with the Wildes and playing Rock Band for the first time. Meh. I'd rather learn how to play instruments for real.
12/7--My return to the ballet world. It had been 12 years since I last took class (actually, maybe longer), so I decided to go to "Absolute Beginners". Turns out, that class was combined with a beginner/intermediate class. It ended up being more like an advanced beginner level. I LOVED it, and I was able to keep up okay. It made me happy enough that
12/8--found me back in ballet class again. This was definitely more of an intermediate class. My mind knows what to do, but my body still needs some time to figure it out again. At the end of class, I told the teacher that I hadn't taken class for 12 years. He said, "Really? Wow! You did really well today. You're going to be sore tomorrow, though." Actually, I did need to ice my hip when I got home and took a vicodin before bed, but I didn't feel all that bad the next day.
12/9--Visiting Teaching! My companion, Lenora, and I got all of our visits done!!
12/10--Scouts meeting
12/11--work a normal workday, then 5p-7p shift, then 7p-7a
12/12--then it's straight to Advanced Cardiac Life Support class from 7:45 to 4:30, home, grocery shopping, taking a BLS course online, spending time with the fam, finally going to bed at 9:30 p.
12/13--finish ACLS, then home for a nap. Rowdy made his famous (in our house anyway) homemade chicken pot pie, and the missionaries came over for dinner.

Interspersed in that was lots of Christmas treat making. I've made Swedish shortbread cookies, gingersnaps, Heath bars and Swedish toffee to give as gifts. Rowdy has made some amazing smoked salmon and beef jerky.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Cute picture! Ballet, sounds kind of fun. Are you going to do it for a while?

tenacious d said...

I'm going to do it for as long as my body lets me.

Amberlin Gefrom said...

Its crazy how crazy December is!

Steph said...

WOW! Good for you! You are amazing! And that picture is so Hollywood! Way to live your life, Di!

Deenwie said...

I want to pet your jacket!

My Rad Life!