Monday, January 2, 2012

Lists

I like lists.  I like quantifying things, cataloging things, checking things off.  Sometimes, it's just making the list for the sake of just making the list, like when I make a grocery list and then leave it on the kitchen counter.

A few of the lists rattling around in my head right now:

1)  packing list for Utah--I will need wedding festivity clothes, temple clothes, clothes to run in, snowboarding clothes, a swimsuit for the hot tub, and things to keep me relatively warm and dry in the Utah weather.  This will take at least two suitcases, meaning $100 in bag fees.  We will be there for over a week, so no getting around it.

2)  grocery list--things to get me through the next week.  I have been doing Weight Watchers for two weeks.   The goal is not only to lose a little bit of weight, but to make a change in the choices I make.  It's going fine.  Two pounds down so far.

3)  workout lists--training for the half, as well as swimming and cycling.  Stay tuned for the "Muffin Man" challenge.  Also, I have to figure out how to use all of the Groupon I purchased for Pure Barre.  What is that, you ask?  It's Pilates in Hell, basically.  I thought that I would be all over it, but it turns out that my lower abdominal and iliopsoas muscles are very weak, and you use those a lot in this class.  So I want to keep going to get stronger, but once my Groupon is used up, I'm going to have to reassess.  What I definitely want to do is go back to Fun Pole classes.  Those are tons of fun and good for the abs and hip flexors.

4)  spiritual development lists--Personal Progress for the YW for me and the girls, scripture study plans, YW planning, going to the temple for inspiration....So much to do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you consider the two abdominal exercise machines and how they work, a person would need to live at the YWCA to fully meet all exercise needs. The person who is embarking on an exercise plan is the one who needs to decide which type is most suited to them.

tenacious d said...

Uh, thanks, Suzie. Whoever you are.

Amberlin Gefrom said...

So I totally packed for my 10 day utah trip for all of those same items needed and did it in 1 suticase that I Could take on as a carryon...take that Delta and shove it where the sun dont shine. ha ha.

My Rad Life!