Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Do You Know the Muffin Man?

Julie McA.shared with me how her workplace does a thing called The Muffinman.  It's like an Ironman, but you have seven consecutive days to complete the challenge.  Here's the basic rundown:


1.  Pick your own 7 day consecutive period.  (They had a deadline of October 1 last year.)
2.  During  your designated 7 day period, run 26.2 miles, bike 112 miles, and swim 2.4  miles.  Split it up however you want over the 7 days.  (If necessary, you can  hike, walk, use an elliptical machine, or find some other appropriate  substitution for the 26.2 mile run, as long as it equals ambulating 26.2 miles).
3.  If you are a whiny crybaby and you  just don't like to swim, you have to do it anyway.  Yes, you can wear water wings.
4.  Log your own miles.  And remember, lying gnaws at your soul.
5.  Bask in your muffinman glory.

The woman who organized the challenge designed t-shirts, plus they had a party afterwards. 

I am not saying that I will make and distribute t-shirts, host a party or give special prizes for people who complete the challenge in three days.  But I do think that The Muffinman is something I want to try.  Anybody else want in?  I don't know...maybe I could be persuaded to give prizes or t-shirts or something if enough people are interested.  I could call you and say, "(Your name here), YOU are a MUFFINMAN!"


Now, to choose my Muffinman week.

4 comments:

Amberly said...

I love that idea. so much more manageable than the iron equivalent. perhaps someday in my future....

The Silly Witch said...

I love that idea, too. I could wear my snorkel and no one would even know.

Rowdy said...

what about fins? could i wear fins?

tenacious d said...

Rowd--you can wear fins. And don't forget your helmet! :D

My Rad Life!