Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Most Beautiful Bride Last Weekend Was Not Zara Phillips

It was this lovely person:

Rachel Haynes Miller








Isn't her dress darling?  It is totally Rachel.  And look at the grin on her husband Ben's face!  They are such an adorable couple.

I highly recommend going here to view the official photos.  Tara is Rachel's cousin, and I don't think that she takes pictures of unattractive people ever.  Or perhaps she's a terrific photographer.  Maybe some of both.  If you are looking to have family photos and live in the Salt Lake/Utah Valley area, you should give her a call (because you are very attractive, and she will take beautiful photos of you and yours).

I have known Rachel since she was a pup.  I went to her blessing when she was just a few weeks old.  Last Saturday, I was thrilled to see her make sacred covenants in the temple and be sealed to a man who was described at the wedding breakfast as "surprising", "thoughtful", "loyal" and "passionate".  He seems like a darling person, and they looked so happy and comfortable together.

Matthew, Alexandra (don't call her "Boppy" anymore!), Rich, Rachel, Ben, Stephanie and Scott
Sharon, me, Stephanie (We had at least two different cameras going, hence the looking in different directions.)

Scott, Sheri, me, Sharon
One of the most wonderful parts of the weekend was spending time with some of my oldest friends.  I wish that I had the power of teleportation and could be with them any time I wanted.



The "wedding breakfast" and reception were so lovely.  Instead of speeches, selected people were asked to describe either Ben or Rachel in one word, then they could elaborate.  Rachel's brother Scott started with, "triangular"--"because she has a head and two legs coming down".  He is a funny kid!  Then he and Matthew together said, "Perfect".  Rich, Rachel's dad, considered many words that are not used in everyday speech that drew the cutest giggles from the flower girls.  But he ended with, "The word to describe Rachel is love," which made everyone cry.  There was dancing at the reception, which is a relatively new development in wedding receptions, and I welcome it with open arms and twinkling toes.  The most darling thing was when Rachel and Alexandra, who are both dancers, performed the "All I Do is Dream of You" number from Singin' in the Rain.  They were absolutely perfect.

3 comments:

Amberly said...

her frock is adorable. the short length is daring, different and refreshing.

tenacious d said...

Funny--daring was precisely the word her mother picked to describe her. Rachel is the girl who went off to Brazil to teach English, not knowing any Portuguese. While in Brazil, she snuck across the Paraguayan border without a passport, just for fun. She did Study Abroad in Berlin, and on a whim went out with six Italian men she met on the train on her way home from dancing half the night away. It was totally like her to choose a dress so out-of-the ordinary, yet glorious in its own way. That's our Rachel.

cindy said...

LOVED this post!! Rachel is gorgeous, and Steph does not look she's the mother of the bride! I'm soooooo glad you and Sharon were able to be there. When I saw the pictures I was soo sad not to be there, too. We need to plan a roommate reunion..like when Jenny got married.

My Rad Life!