Thursday, December 16, 2010

Surgery Eve

It's 11:30 pm.  In seven hours, we will be arriving at Pre-Op.  Rowdy says that he doesn't remember going there all those weeks ago.  He doesn't really remember September at all.  But I do.  Maybe that's why I'm watching White Christmas instead of trying to sleep.  I ought to be in bed, holding my husband close.  There won't be any of that for at least a week.  I should snuggle up to him and listen to the TPN pump whirr for the last night. 

Because I remember September, I will go downstairs sooner rather than later.  I will watch my love for as long as I can.

3 comments:

Amberly said...

sending angels your way today. love you.

tenacious d said...

Amberly, they're here. I knew I could count on you and them.

Rowdy said...

i cherish reading things like this years later. i'm bathed in an emotional wave of wonderment at your abilities.

My Rad Life!