Thursday, December 30, 2010

Resolutions

I've been thinking about how I can develop new skills or habits this next year.  It occurs to me that I have to take it one week at a time, if not one day at a time.  Maybe doing things in a more creative way will help to shake things up and make changes more manageable.

So what if I write down a bunch of challenges on slips of paper and choose a new one each week.  The challenges could be anything from "send thank you notes this week to three people who did something that made an impact on you" to "do 100 crunches and 50 pushups on five days this week" to "be a vegetarian two days this week" or "read the scriptures for an hour a day each day". 

This is similar to a fitness challenge that some friends were doing earlier this year, but with more variety.  I guess I could divide the challenges into physical, spiritual and emotional and pick one from each category each week.  If I can't think of 52 things, I can just recycle them.

Okay, that's what I'm going to do, and I'm going to blog about the results.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

and I may copy the idea. I love it!

My Rad Life!