Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Pre- and Post Post

Behold!

That says "Bair Paws".  They're made by the Bair-hugger device people, which is a blanket that has warm air blowning into it to keep patients warm during surgery.  Those gowns have a place to connect a warm-air blower.

Cutting up before he's cut up.

Back to 5N.  All of the nurses and even the janitorial staff remember him from last time. 

Rowdy's typical post-anesthesia look.  He kind of looks like a newborn--puffy-eyed and blinking dully at the light.

Trying to figure out a way to get his NG tube and O2 untangled.

Cheapo Malaysian toothpaste.  Honestly!  It is as if the large hospital system buys these things at $1/10,000 tubes or something.  Gross.  I brought him some good old American Colgate from home (which for all I know is made in Mexico).

3 comments:

Jordan River Ward said...

Thanks for those pictures. So glad he is doing so well and soooo glad he has you. By the way, your 2 previous posts made me cry. Never mind that I was signed in on the JRW account. It's me, your mom-in-law!

Amberly said...

tell me you'll both be home for christmas, please.

tenacious d said...

Not guaranteed, unfortunately.

My Rad Life!